Healthy Protein Snacks
Look no further this recipe is a an absolute MUST..
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup Strawberries & Cream Protein Powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp rice malt or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut water or milk
- Puffed rice
- 150g dark chocolate
1. Combine all ingredients, apart from puffed rice & dark chocolate in a food processor & processor until combined. Press into lined slice pan (I actually used muesli bar silicone baking moulds). Press puffed rice into top layer of slice & freeze for 1-2 hrs.
2. Remove from freezer & slice into 6 bars (or more if you make them thinner). Melt chocolate in microwave (in batches e.g. 50g at a time) in a shallow bowl. Work quickly to use two forks to dip bars, one at a time, into the chocolate & flip to cover. When bar is completely covered, place onto lined baking tray & place in freezer. To ensure bars stay firm, I like to have only 1 or 2 out of the freezer at a time when dipping/coating in chocolate & do a quick swap over when I'm ready for the next one.
3. Once all bars are coated, freeze for another 1 - 2 hours, after this it is better to store them in the fridge otherwise they are rock hard straight from the freezer. ENJOY!
Recipe created by Natalie Mewying @nataliemewying